In A Perfect Party, we learned that Lizzie Martin (Jenny’s younger sister from A Perfect Trade) has set up her own personalised cookie business, called Lizzie’s Sweet Treats.
Since I know you all love recipes, here is Lizzie’s recipe for delicious, buttery shortbread cookies.
Ingredients: (approx 12 cookies)
150g self-raising flour
150g salted butter
50g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
Cadbury’s Chocolate Buttons or any chocolate pieces (optional)
Cling-film or plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Add flour, sugar and butter (plus vanilla) to food processor or mixer and pulse until mixture is like wet sand.
- Lay out a large piece of cling-film on the counter and pour the mixture onto it.
- Using the cling-film to help keep the mixture together, press and roll, until you have a long, solid roll of dough, wrapped in plastic.
- Store in refrigerator for an hour.
- Slice dough into ¼” or ½” rounds and put onto a well-greased or sheet-lined baking tray.
- Cook for approx 15 mins. Note: timing depends on how thickly you cut the rounds.
- When cooked, use a spatula to slide onto a wire rack. Note: the cookies will be very soft when warm, so if they’re too fragile, it’s okay to let them cool on the tray for a few minutes to let them harden a little.
- (Optional) While cookies are cooling, add chocolate button to the centre of each cookie.
Note: If you don’t use metric measures, keep the flour, butter and sugar in the ratio of 3:3:1 (eg 6oz, 6oz, 2oz)
[Note: This recipe first appeared as part of Tawny Weber‘s Cookies & Kisses Blog Hop.