In A Perfect Catch, everyone likes Tracy’s cheese scones — especially Ike. Emily, Tracy’s niece (and Maggie’s daughter from A Perfect Distraction), enjoyed making them too. They’re a fun recipe for youngsters to make as the best way to mix the ingredients is to roll up your sleeves and do it by hand!
Several readers have asked if I would share the recipe, so here it is. These are delicious on their own, served warm, with butter, or with crispy bacon. Happy baking!
Ingredients: (makes 1 doz)
225g or 8oz of self-raising flour
85g/3oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
125ml/4 fl oz milk
- Preheat oven to 220 C/425 F
- Mix together the flour and butter
- Mix in the grated cheese
- Add egg
- Add milk to get a soft dough
- Turn onto floured surface and knead lightly
- Roll out so that it’s approx 1/2in thick.
- Use a 5cm/2in cutter to cut out rounds. Try not to twist as you’re cutting.
- Knead remaining dough together, roll out and repeat for more rounds.
- Place rounds of a greased tray and brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
[This recipe originally appeared on The Romance Dish]